I’m always looking for interesting translations and commentaries. We have a pretty eclectic set of books for Tankah/Chummash and Talmud in our library.
Here’s a recent commentary by Robert Alter.
About the Author:
Robert Alter‘s translation of the Hebrew Bible, the magnificent capstone to a lifetime of distinguished scholarly work, has won the PEN Center Literary Award for Translation. His immense achievements in scholarship ranging from the eighteenth-century European novel to contemporary Hebrew and American literature earned Alter the Robert Kirsch Award for Lifetime Achievement from the Los Angeles Times. A member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the American Philosophical Society, Alter is the Class of 1937 Professor of Hebrew and Comparative Literature at the University of California, Berkeley.
I don’t know about you, but I thought we had enough devices in the house a few weeks ago. For a family of 6, we have 1 Desktop Computer, 1 Laptop, 1 Chromebook, 2 iPad Minis, and 2 Kindles. Plus 2 work laptops. I thought we were good with technology until everyone was on zoom calls or Google Meets at the same time and 1 of the iPad minis couldn’t support some of the google classroom apps. So I started looking for deals on touchscreen laptops. If your school hasn’t closed for the rest of the school year, it looks like we will be home at least until May. Some schools provide technology, but some do not. So here is what I found:
- Acer Chromebook R 11 Convertible Laptop, Celeron N3060, 11.6″ HD Touch, 4GB DDR3L, 32GB eMMC, C738T-C7KD
- Samsung 12.2-inch Full-HD Touchscreen Chromebook – Intel 3965Y Dual-Core – 4GB Memory – 32GB eMMC Storage – Stealth Silver
- ASUS VivoBook L203MA Ultra-Thin Laptop, 11.6” HD, Intel Celeron N4000 Processor (up to 2.6 GHz), 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, USB-C, Windows 10 in S Mode, One Year of Microsoft Office 365, L203MA-DS04
- Acer 15.6in FHD(1920×1080) IPS Touchscreen Business Chromebook- Aluminum Metal Body, Intel Celeron N3350 Processor, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB SSD, WiFi, Bluetooth, Chrome OS
- HP Chromebook 11.6in HD Touch Screen with IPS, Celeron N3060 @ 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, Gray
We recently just bought matching Fossil watches. I am still discovering them, but I really do like them. I previously had the Microsoft Band, which I really loved. Then I had the FitBit Alta, which I liked for fitness, not smartwatch features and my husband had the Samsung Gear, but the watch is on it’s last legs. So, now we have the Fossil Sport for Men and the Fossil Sport for Women watch. I am still discovering what the watch can do, but it meets almost all of my needs. The only thing I wish that was part of the native system was sleep tracking, but there are third-party apps. Just trying to figure out the best one.
- Smartwatches powered with Wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android Phones
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit; Built-in GPS for distance tracking; Swimproof design 5ATM; Google Assistant built-in – it’s your own personal Google, always ready to help; Speed through checkout with your watch using Google Pay
- This is one smartwatch – receive smartphone notifications and app alerts, manage your calendar, control your music, download third-party apps (your favorite ride-sharing or music apps), and customize your watch face; touchscreen functionality, built-in fitness tracker, microphone, music storage & controls, custom goal & alarm settings, calendar alerts, multiple time zones, weather, LED flashlight, wireless syncing
- Estimated 24-hour battery life, based on usage plus 2 additional days in low-power mode; magnetic USB rapid charger included; charge up to 80% in under an hour
- This ultra-lightweight 43mm Sport smartwatch is up to 40% lighter than other models with an aluminum case and silicone band. It lets you track your heart rate, track your workout (even swimming), customize your dial and more. Case size: 43mm; Band size: 22mm; interchangeable with all Fossil 22mm bands; imported
- Strap Circumference: 200+/- 5mm. Stopwatch – track your laps and time races with stopwatch mode
40% coupon off this plastic dinnerware set.
- PACKAGE IN ➤ Total 150 pieces for 25 guests include 25 plastic dinner plates set, 25 dessert plates set, 25 forks, 25 knives, 25 spoons, 25 cups.
- HARD PLASTIC DINNERWARE SET TYPE ➤ Extra Sturdy and durable to hold food (even to carry around at a large gathering). Disposable dinnerware set type, easier to entertain your guests without having to find other tableware supplies. Looks like real china dinnerware, get lots of compliments!
- MORE TIME SAVED ➤ Spend more time with families and friends, less time cleaning dirty dishes. And relax more after the exciting party, simply rinse used plates and they’re recyclable ready for the bin.
- ELEGANT DESIGN ➤ Important banquet moments require stylish dinnerware to match the atmosphere. Elegant generous hosts need exquisite tableware to match their temperament.
- REUSABLE & MULTI-USABLE ➤ Thick quality supports reuse and all occasions like weddings, receptions, birthday parties, family gatherings, holidays, picnics, catered events and more. But please remember, Wash By Hand, Not Safe For Dishware And Microwave. NOW, BUY YOURS!
Great fillers for bags. Like hotel bags for a simcha or Mishloah Manot for Purim.
- Four packs of six 11.15 fluid ounce cans of Sanpellegrino, packaging may vary
- Naturally flavored Lemon/Limonata sparkling fruit beverage
- Made with lemon juice, real sugar, and sparkling water
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives
- Signature foil cover keeps each can clean