I don’t know about you, but I thought we had enough devices in the house a few weeks ago. For a family of 6, we have 1 Desktop Computer, 1 Laptop, 1 Chromebook, 2 iPad Minis, and 2 Kindles. Plus 2 work laptops. I thought we were good with technology until everyone was on zoom calls or Google Meets at the same time and 1 of the iPad minis couldn’t support some of the google classroom apps. So I started looking for deals on touchscreen laptops. If your school hasn’t closed for the rest of the school year, it looks like we will be home at least until May. Some schools provide technology, but some do not. So here is what I found:
- Acer Chromebook R 11 Convertible Laptop, Celeron N3060, 11.6″ HD Touch, 4GB DDR3L, 32GB eMMC, C738T-C7KD
- Samsung 12.2-inch Full-HD Touchscreen Chromebook – Intel 3965Y Dual-Core – 4GB Memory – 32GB eMMC Storage – Stealth Silver
- ASUS VivoBook L203MA Ultra-Thin Laptop, 11.6” HD, Intel Celeron N4000 Processor (up to 2.6 GHz), 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, USB-C, Windows 10 in S Mode, One Year of Microsoft Office 365, L203MA-DS04
- Acer 15.6in FHD(1920×1080) IPS Touchscreen Business Chromebook- Aluminum Metal Body, Intel Celeron N3350 Processor, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB SSD, WiFi, Bluetooth, Chrome OS
- HP Chromebook 11.6in HD Touch Screen with IPS, Celeron N3060 @ 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, Gray
Baby monitors have really come down in pricing.
- High-resolution, 5-inch color LCD screen with multiple viewing options, temperature sensor, and automatic infrared night vision
- Secure digital video and audio transmission over 1,000 feet of range
- Two-way, talk-back intercom with an option to play soothing sounds and lullabies
- Features Sound Activation Mode and volume control with 9-level sound indicator
- Rechargeable battery with low-battery alert on the parent unit
This book popped up as a suggestion and looks really interesting. If you are interested in learning more about mindfulness, my husband has a great video and shares some strategies.
Mindfulness for Kids offers fun activities for kids ages 6-12 to stay cool, happy, and present with mindfulness.
Homework horrors, chores, and not-so-friendly friends―that’s enough to make any kid’s brain hurt. The secret to staying cool is easy: it’s called mindfulness―and this book gives kids fun activities to practice it on their own.
Mindfulness for Kids applies mindfulness exercises to stories and real-life scenarios that kids go through at home, school, and with friends. Shared through the voices of five children: Jasmine, Willow, Kayli, Colby, and Zeke, Mindfulness for Kids is an engaging, kid-friendly guide for handling tough situations and powerful emotions mindfully.
From using belly breathing to help with panic before a presentation to actively listening to siblings, Mindfulness for Kids addresses the everyday challenges that kids face with:
- Mindfulness 101 that teaches kids what mindfulness is, and how they can be mindful of their emotions and senses.
- Relatable, real-life scenarios that kids encounter at home, school, and with friends.
- 30 Fun exercises that show kids how tricks like a gratitude list, “counting to calm”, and even yoga poses can help them relax and feel better from not-so-nice feelings.
Mindfulness is a kind of superpower we all have but don’t know how to use. In this book, kids will learn how to use this power to feel good about themselves and the world around them through activities and stories told by kids, for kids.
This is a great deal of $0.01 a wipe. There is 15% with 5 items or more on Subscribe & Save. There is also a 30% coupon to clip. Total price should come out to $10.06.
- New formula created with even more Natural Plant-Based Ingredients, now with soothing chamomile
- Skin nourishing and gentle enough for faces, hands and bottom places with new stronger and softer material
- Non-allergenic ingredients that are soothing to the most sensitive skin
- Pediatrician and Dermatologist tested. Store at room temperature
- No: alcohol, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, artificial dyes or fragrances
- New formula includes our exclusive 100% natural NeoNourish Seed Oil Blend to help nurture and support your baby’s skin
I bought these a couple months ago to replace some of our Shabbat timers and they have been great. We haven’t purchased into Alexa, Google Home, or any of these smart systems, but these plugs work great without the system. They also work with one of these systems.
Parenting Find: One of the nice things is we have our kids’ room lights set up for bedtime. I really don’t want them reading with dim lights and the lights automatically turn off at their bedtime each night and on each morning when they should be waking up. The nice feature is if you decide that they get 10 extra minutes, you can turn the lights back on and set a timer from the app to give them those 10 extra minutes without forgetting to go back and turn off the lights.
Here’s the coupon code: 66CMDNP3