by alichava | Nov 11, 2022 | Arts & Crafts, Birthday, Children, Deals, Gifts, Kosher, Toys & Games
A few deals from today
- Fitbit Luxe Fitness and Wellness Tracker with Stress Management, Sleep Tracking and 24/7 Heart Rate, One Size S L Bands Included, Lunar White/Soft Gold Stainless Steel, 1 Count
- Cuisinart TOA-60BKS Convection AirFryer Toaster Oven, Premium 1800-Watt Oven with 7-in-1 Functions and Wide Temperature Range, Large Capacity AirFryer with 60-Minute Timer/Auto-Off, Black Stainless
- Hasbro Games under $10
- Nostalgia MyMini Cake Pop Maker, Compact Dorms, Apartments Makes 7 Mini Treats, Non-Stick Cooking Surface, Easy-to-Clean, Perfect for Bite-Sized Desserts or Snacks, Keto Friendly, Purple. Great for making donuts for Hanukkah or Falafel
- Lite-Brite Ultimate Classic Retro and Vintage Toy, Gift for Girls and Boys
by alichava | Apr 6, 2022 | Jewish Holidays, Kosher, Menu Plan, Passover
I have a bunch of staple recipes that we have found to use over the years for Passover through various cookbooks, recipe exchanges, etc, but I can’t seem to figure out where I put any of the print outs. We luckily saved most of the recipes in One Note (I take pictures and then link to them on our menu plans). It’s a little bit more robust than Google Spreadsheets to do this kind of thing, but isn’t as easy to share.
Our go-to desserts are a chocolate cake, sorbet, dipped strawberries, meringues, and maybe a brownie.
Here are some of the recipes I have saved over the years:
by alichava | Aug 9, 2021 | High Holidays, Kosher, Menu Plan
Roasted Beet Hummus (What Jew Wanna Eat) – Pareve
Beet Carpaccio with Avocado & Chia Seed Dressing (May I have that recipe) – Pareve
Simanim Fritto Misto with Honey Roasted Garlic Aioli – (Busy in Brooklyn) – Pareve
Roasted Beet Soup with Fried Goat Cheese Medallion and Candied Pecans (Kosher by Gloria) – Dairy
Beet fries with Goat Cheese Sauce (What Jew Wanna Eat) – Dairy
Green Beans, Beet, & Pistachio Salad (Tori Avey) – Pareve | Pistachios
Golden Beets with Mandarin Oranges (Kosher Everyday) – Pareve | Instant Pot
Roasted Beet Pearl Couscous (Rachel Kor) – Pareve
Citrus and Beet Red Quinoa (Kosher Everyday) – Pareve
Beet, Tomato, & Artichoke Salad (Katie’s Cucina) – Pareve
Quinoa, Roasted Beets, and Walnuts Salad (Ricki Heller) – Pareve | Walnuts
Beets & Berries Salad (Kosher.com) – Pareve
Beet & Cucumber Salad (Edible Long Island) – Pareve
Red Cabbage, Date, & Beet Salad (Jewish Food Society) – Pareve
Apple Beet Farro Salad with Crispy Chickpeas (Healthline) – Pareve
Beet & Wheat Berry Salad with Picked Apples & Pecans (Serious Eats) – Pareve | Pecans
Ruby Red Bulgar Beet Salad (Kosher from Jerusalem) – Pareve
Beet & Butternut Squash Salad (Paula Shoyer) – Pareve
Roasted Beet Salad with Horseradish Aioli and Caramelized Walnuts (May I have that recipe?) – Pareve
Spinach and Beet Salad with Goat Cheese (Confident Cook Hesitant Baker) – Dairy
Beets, Burrata, & Blackberry Salad (West of the Loop) – Dairy | Pecans
Beet Salad with Blue Cheese & Hearts of Palm (That Skinny Chick Can Bake) – Dairy You could probably sub other cheese as well
Beet Salad with Orange & Feta Cheese (Ronnie Fein) – Dairy
Kale & Roasted Beet Salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing (Tori Avey) – Dairy
Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Nuts (The Jewish Kitchen) – Dairy | Walnuts
Roasted Beet, Apple, & Goat Cheese with Walnuts (At the Immigrant’s Table) – Dairy | Walnuts
Golden Beet & Barley Salad with Rainbow Chard (The Kitchn) – Dairy
Tsimmes with Beets, Turnips, & Beef (Epicurious) – Meat
Red Beet & Dill Roasted Salmon (Net Cost Market) – Fish
Best-Ever Veggie Burger (Kitchn) – Pareve
Vegetables Bourguignon (Kosher by Gloria) – Pareve
Chocolate Beet Cake (Chocolate and Carrots) – Dairy
Beetroot Chocolate Cake (Kraut Kopf) – Pareve
Beet Cake (Renana’s Kitchen) – Pareve
by alichava | Jul 18, 2021 | Amazon, Children, Deals, Kosher
- CEREAL: Whole grain oats cereal with real honey and natural almond flavor
- GLUTEN FREE: Gluten free and simply made without artificial flavors or colors; Good source of iron and calcium.
- WHOLE GRAIN: First ingredient is whole grain and fortified with 12 essential vitamins and minerals.
- HEART HEALTHY: Three grams of soluble fiber daily from whole grain oat foods, like Honey Nut Cheerios cereal, in a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. Honey Nut Cheerios cereal provides .75 grams per serving
- BOX CONTAINS: 1 box, 10.8 oz
by alichava | Jul 3, 2021 | Amazon, Books, Deals, Kosher, Menu Plan
What’s for Dinner?
Is that the question you hear, night after night?
And often, are you simply stumped?
In this epic collaboration, the team behind Between Carpools, the popular lifestyle site for busy Jewish women, brings you the cookbook you really need with easy-to-prep dinner recipes your family will want to eat! So now you can finally say, “Dinner Done!” Since its inception, fans have turned to Leah Schapira, Victoria Dwek, Renee Muller, Esti Waldman, and Shaindy Menzer – the women behind Between Carpools – for the easy, practical recipes that simply work with their lives. Now, in Dinner Done, the team brings you:
- 150+ quick-to-prepare, family-friendly dishes that you ll turn to over and over.
- No pricey, hard-to-find ingredients needed! You already have most ingredients in your pantry!
- Beautiful photo for every single dish.
- A full chapter of super-quick, no-mess 9 x 13 recipes prepared directly in the pan in just minutes. Mix, bake, and serve!
- Chicken, Meat, Fish, and Dairy main dishes, plus lots of easy side dishes, salads, and soups!
- Yes, there’s always room for a sweet treat. Dinner Done also includes the easy, delicious desserts you ll turn to when there’s no time to fuss.
- The Between Carpools team also shares their favorite cooking hacks and tips throughout the book!
So, now are you ready to answer the question, “What’s for dinner?” It might be the No-Fry Hot Poppers that your boys will beg you to make again and again or a Crispy Chicken that’s even better than any takeout or the Meat Pizza That Kids Love that s super easy for mom too or a Maple Salmon that ll make it into the rotation or, of course, No-Pot No-Cream Fettuccine Alfredo that will become your #1 go-to pasta dish.