by Ali | Jun 5, 2018 | Birthday, Kitchen, Menu Plan
I have made my daughter’s cake for her birthday party every year. As I’m preparing to look for cakes again, I wanted to share a cake I did in the past:
I began on Pinterest looking for cake ideas. My 5-year-old at the time had been studying patterns in school and really wanted a multiple layer cake (5 or 6 layers) that were different shades of pink and purple. I compromised with her and only did a 2 layer cake that was in a zebra pattern. I didn’t really measure 1/4 cup each time, I just sort of eyeballed it with a spoon. I also didn’t make the cake itself from scratch. I used a box mix and added pudding to the mix. I find it makes it even moister.
The cakes were entirely Pareve and the only part of the cake that was dairy was the ganache I added at the end that could easily have been made Pareve. The second part of the cake was decorated with the idea of the melted crayons bleeding off the sides of the cake. I only did a two layer cake, I would do a 4 or 5 layer cake the next time in order to give the cake more room to drip down.
Overall, the cake tasted delicious and was fun to make.
by Ali | Mar 27, 2017 | Amazon, Gifts, Hanukkah
Such a cute idea for making physical fitness fun.
- Experience the first activity tracker made for kids – LeapBand is fit made fun!
- Preload LeapBand with 50 active challenges that get kids moving, like “Pounce like a lion!”
- Parent controls on LeapFrog Connect make it easy to set play times, challenges and more.
- Encourages active play, nurturing and healthy choices.
- Ages 4-7 years
by Ali | Mar 27, 2017 | Amazon, Baby Gear
If you are in the market for a reclining chair/glider, you might be interested in this chair from Delta.
by Ali | Mar 22, 2016 | Hanukkah, Kosher, Purim
Recently, I received a sample of Walkers Mini-Festive Stars shortbread cookies. Walkers cookies are certified kosher, dairy. My kids had a play date last week and I put the cookies out for a snack and they devoured them instantly. They kept asking for more of the star cookies. The nice thing about them is that they are really small, so I didn’t feel like they would ruin their appetite. You could use them to decorate or dip them in jam. You could also use them to for Purim Mishloah Manot
. They also offer Gluten Free Options.
by Ali | Mar 3, 2016 | Amazon, Birthday, Gifts
I find that some parts of the year there is a birthday party every weekend. So I have been looking at a variety of options for birthday gifts. Here are some I have found.
Stomp Rocket (8+)
- Kid-powered: You stomp on the launch pad to send these Ultra Stomp Rockets up to 20 stories high — that’s 200 feet in the air!
- Winner of the Dr. Toy Award, iParenting Media’s Hot Toy Award, Preferred Choice Award, and iParenting Media’s Excellent Product Award
- Includes a Stomp Launch Pad and 4 foam-tipped Ultra Stomp Rockets
- No batteries required
- Super easy, fast assembly
- Ages 8 and Up
Lego Vehicle Transporter
- Features a tilting cab that reveals a detailed engine, folding trailer ramp for vehicle access, large exhaust stacks, warning beacons roof spotlights
- 3-in-1 model: rebuilds into a tow truck towing a yellow car, or a mobile crane
- Vehicle Transporter measures over 2″ (6cm) high, 9″ (25cm) long and 1″ (5cm) wide
- Tow truck measures over 2″ (6cm) high, 6″ (16cm) long and 2″ (7cm) wide
- Mobile crane measures over 1″ (5cm) high, 7″ (18cm) long and 2″ (6cm) wide
Soda Can Robot (8+)
- The 4M Soda Can Robug teaches the value of recycling by repurposing a used can into a fun and functional robot.
- No special tools or knowledge required; the kit contains detailed instructions and all the necessary parts. Just add a used soda pop can and let the fun begin.
- Perfect for young science enthusiasts, especially those with an interest in robotics and green science.
- Requires two AAA batteries (not included).
- Recommended for ages 8 years and up.
- Challenge your child’s imagination with 4M toys and kits.
- 4M educational toys cover a wide range of educational subjects and include science kits, arts and crafts kits, robotics kits, and more.
- 4M offers a wide range of toys and kits to let you build a clock, crochet a placemat, or turn your room into a planetarium–all in the name of making learning fun.
- Electrical parts provide students grades 2 and up (age 7+) with hands-on experience designing and building models of working electrical circuits
- Snap-together parts require no tools and ensure correct connections
- Includes 30 parts, and instructions for over 100 projects, including working models of a photo sensor, a flashing light, and an adjustable-volume siren
- Requires 2 AA batteries (sold separately)
- Awards: The National Parenting Center-Seal of Approval, Dr. Toy 100 Best Children’s Products, Dr Toy Best Educational Products
- Valuable component to a rounded STEM curriculum
- Build working models of a photo sensor, a flashing light, and an adjustable-volume siren. More than 100 exciting projects in all with included 30+ snap together parts
- Electrical components provide students ages 8+ with hands-on experience designing and building models of working electrical circuits
- Clear and concise illustrated manual included and available online