About a year ago, we were at a friend’s house and she was telling us about her wonderful meals that she was getting from Blue Apron. It sounded so great and seemed like it would help differentiate dinners. I was determined to find a kosher version. So I stumbled across Fresh20. It doesn’t provide you with all the ingredients, but it does provide you with a weekly meal plan that is seasonal for 16 weeks worth of meal ideas. I will say there is a lot more meat meals than we are used to eating, but we have swapped out meat for “fake” meat products. I love that you can reuse ingredients for several different meals. Talk about not wasting food and having less leftovers. We bought the menu last January and I still don’t think we have touched all of the recipes yet. We have a couple that we constantly make because they are delicious.
They have lots of meal plans and since you are buying the ingredients, you could probably also buy their Vegetarian meal plan.
If you are looking for Haggadot this year there are a couple of new ones that have come out that you might want to add to your collection.
The Unofficial Hogwarts Haggadah is $16.77 (lowest price) and those who have ordered it and received it seem to love it. It’s great gift idea for all of those Harry Potter Fans out there.
What could a School of Witchcraft and Wizardry possibly have in common with the most published book in Jewish history and the most celebrated holiday of the Jewish calendar? As it turns out, quite a lot. From the concepts of slavery and freedom, to the focus on education, to the number four, Harry Potter and Passover share almost everything. This book is the perfect companion for young and old at the Seder table. Enchant your guests with lessons from the magical realms of Hogwarts and Jewish tradition. Foster conversation with student responses to Seder questions. And learn the ultimate lesson: Holiness can be found everywhere, if you know where to look.
A new Haggadah from Dave Barry:
For This We Left Egypt?: A Passover Haggadah for Jews and Those Who Love Them. The book you hold before you is no ordinary Haggadah. If you’ve ever suffered through a Seder, you’re well aware of the fact that the entire evening can last as long as the exodus from Egypt itself. There are countless stories, dozens of blessings, and far too many handwashings while the meal turns cold. Now prepare to be entertained by another version of the book that’s responsible for this interminable tradition.
Paula Shoyer redefines dining with an updated and global menu for Passover in the Passover Menu that includes Banana Charoset, Peruvian Roast Chicken with Salsa Verde, Moroccan Spiced Short Ribs, Sweet Potato Tzimmis, Eggplant Parmesan, and Frittata with Broccoli and Leeks. And don’t forget the desserts (many gluten-free) that are Shoyer’s speciality, including Triple Chocolate Biscotti, Opera Cake, and Pear Frangipane Tarts. To streamline your planning, there are eight full menus to use as is or to mix and match, along with suggestions for other meals. Passover has never been so easy or delicious!
In this debut cookbook, Perfect for Pesach, Naomi Nachman shares her popular recipes from over two decades of cooking and catering for Passover. Perfect for Pesach presents easy recipes that use innovative flavor combinations to create fabulous gourmet meals to enhance your holiday table. My goal is to help home cooks prepare delicious meals without making the process too complicated or exhausting, Naomi says. I want you to be as excited about cooking for Pesach as I am. These recipes are so delicious, your family and friends will be asking for them all year long.
In many parts of the country, it has been snowing for a couple weeks and school is being canceled. If you are looking for some fun things to spruce up your snowman or snow fighting, here are a few suggestions:
Evelots My Very Own Snowman Kit, 16 Pieces Included
Ideal Sno Marker Classic Colors Refill Pack
Forum Novelties Corn Cob Pipe (Non-Functioning Prop)
Flexible Flyer Snowball Maker, colors may vary
If you are looking for some STEM/STEAM toys for this holiday season or for your gift closet, the snapcircuits toys are great.
- Begin your snap circuit experience with a wonderful introduction to problem solving, following directions, and the satisfaction of a job well done
- The included 15 parts build 23 projects
- Innovative kit contains 15 color-coded, real circuit components that snap together to create working electronic Circuits and devices
- Concrete start to electronics fundamentals
- Clear and concise illustrated manual included in French and English
- Compatible with the Snap Circuits family of electronic learning kits
- For more than 30 years Elenco has been producing reliable as well as affordable electronic test equipment, tools, and educational kits
If you are seeing it for $8.22 then this is a great price for a snap circuit product.
We have had an aerogarden for several years. It’s pretty easy to grow all sorts of herbs or vegetables. Now that it’s getting colder and harder to grow things outside this is a great item to add to your house and grow veggies, plants, or herbs.
- Garden year-round. Grow fresh herbs, vegetables, salad greens, flowers and more in this smart countertop garden.
- Up to 7 plants can be grown at a time. Plants grow in water…not soil. Advanced hydroponics made simple.
- High-performance, full spectrum 30-watt LED lighting system is tuned to the specific spectrum that allows plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests.
- Interactive LCD screen control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add patented nutrients (included), automatically turns lights on and off and provides timely tips and on-screen help functions.
- Includes 7-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Kit that contains: Genovese Basil, Thai Basil, Thyme, Mint, Curly Parsley, Chives and Dill & 3 oz. patented nutrients (enough for a full season of growth)
If you see it for $139, then it’s at it’s an all-time low.