This book popped up as a suggestion and looks really interesting. If you are interested in learning more about mindfulness, my husband has a great video and shares some strategies.
Mindfulness for Kids offers fun activities for kids ages 6-12 to stay cool, happy, and present with mindfulness.
Homework horrors, chores, and not-so-friendly friends―that’s enough to make any kid’s brain hurt. The secret to staying cool is easy: it’s called mindfulness―and this book gives kids fun activities to practice it on their own.
Mindfulness for Kids applies mindfulness exercises to stories and real-life scenarios that kids go through at home, school, and with friends. Shared through the voices of five children: Jasmine, Willow, Kayli, Colby, and Zeke, Mindfulness for Kids is an engaging, kid-friendly guide for handling tough situations and powerful emotions mindfully.
From using belly breathing to help with panic before a presentation to actively listening to siblings, Mindfulness for Kids addresses the everyday challenges that kids face with:
- Mindfulness 101 that teaches kids what mindfulness is, and how they can be mindful of their emotions and senses.
- Relatable, real-life scenarios that kids encounter at home, school, and with friends.
- 30 Fun exercises that show kids how tricks like a gratitude list, “counting to calm”, and even yoga poses can help them relax and feel better from not-so-nice feelings.
Mindfulness is a kind of superpower we all have but don’t know how to use. In this book, kids will learn how to use this power to feel good about themselves and the world around them through activities and stories told by kids, for kids.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is having an anniversary, and it’s a big one! Celebrate the beloved book’s 50th anniversary with this Eric Carle Book Block Library. Look, find, and learn with the Very Hungry Caterpillar! This take-along library includes 12 sturdy little board books featuring classic Eric Carle art. Six “Look and Find” titles let little ones search the pages for hidden objects. Six “Here, There, and Everywhere” titles explore concepts like numbers, letters, colors, and shapes. It’s a perfect first reading experience for little ones who are “hungry” for fun!
This Book Block Library is special because:
- Sharing books with your little one strengthens your bond
- Small board books are durable and the perfect size for small children
- Carry case has a built-in handle for easy travel
- Features the art styling of The Very Hungry Caterpillar author and illustrator Eric Carle
This is an awesome cookbook with lots of great recipes. It’s marked down to $9.24 and temporarily out of stock. But if you order now, they will deliver when it is available. You should buy now. Great gift.
- Get this year’s best-selling Kosher cookbook – 50,000 already sold!
- Much more than just another kosher cookbook, this unique cookbook is a first of its kind, containing a wealth of information.
- 200 original recipes with stunning, full color photography
- A personal brocha and challah recipe from Rebbetzin Batsheva Kanievsky a”h
- A pictorial history of Sara Schneirer and the Bais Yaakov movement
- A comprehensive section of Halachos of cooking in the kitchen
- Guide to complex brachos situations
- Color guide to checking fruits and vegetables
- Tips on shopping for, preparing, and serving gourmet meals
- A comprehensive guide to shopping for meat, wine, cookware, etc.
- This special cookbook belongs in the kitchen of every kosher home!
Naomi Nachman is a renowned, round-the-world cooking teacher, food columnist, recipe developer, and personal chef. The author of the bestselling Perfect for Pesach cookbook shares her passion and enthusiasm for cooking, serving, eating, and sharing amazing food – every single day. Perfect Flavors brings us exotic recipes from all over the world – and old favorites with a new twist. Whether you’re looking for elegant and sophisticated cuisine or a quick and wholesome meal, you’ll find what you need among these delicious and doable recipes.
More than 130 fantastic, creative recipes, with tips and variations
Eye-popping photos by food photographer Miriam Pascal for every recipe
Tips to kitchen essentials, herbs, and spices
The Tales of Beedle the Bard contains five richly imaginative stories of adventure, cunning, heartache, and, of course, magic. They are to the wizarding community what the tales of the Brothers Grimm are to Muggle families.
This lush new illustrated edition has been translated from the ancient runes by Hermione Granger and is presented here with extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore. And now Hans Christian Andersen Medalist Lisbeth Zwerger interprets these classic tales with beauty and tenderness (and wit), illuminating them for modern readers. With an introduction and notes by J.K. Rowling, this collection will thrill and delight Muggles and wizards alike.
For every sale of this book, Scholastic will donate 15% of the suggested retail price to Lumos, an international nonprofit organization founded by J.K. Rowling that works globally to end the institutionalization of children.
Chanie Apfelbaum, creator of world-renowned kosher food blog Busy In Brooklyn, makes her cookbook debut with a collection of modern, cultural, trendy, and bold dishes that reflect her passion for reinventing traditional foods with a Millennial vibe.
Millennial Kosher features:
-Over 150 innovative recipes for everyday and holiday meals
-Beautiful color photos for every dish
-Meatless Meals section includes dairy-free and vegetarian options
-Guide to kosher meat cookery
-Comprehensive tools and ingredient list