Over the years I have come across a lot of different varieties on challah. My personal favorite is a stuffed Apple Challah. My mother-in-law makes this for Rosh HaShannah and I think it’s fabulous. I am on the quest for that really eggy challah, but haven’t find it. We have three recipes we regularly use. A bread machine challah. And then two 5lb challah recipes. One is with eggs and the other has no eggs. We use that one to make vegan challah with a crumble top. Here are some of the challot ideas to inspire you.
This post contains my affiliate links. Thank you for supporting the blog, by clicking on the link. For more information, see my disclosure.
- Apple Challah (Jewlish) – This is one of the pretties designs I have made
- SEEDuction Challah from King Arthur
- Norene’s Prizing Winning Challah
- Fig, Olive Oil, and Sea Salt (Smitten Kitchen)
- Challah at its Eggiest (Mamaleh)
- No Knead Challah (Kitchn)
- Gluten-Free Challah
- Pretzel Challah (Tori Avey)
- Chocolate Orange Challah (Yin Yolk)
- Butternut Squash & Sage (The Nosher)
- Chocolate Cherry Challah (The Domestic Gothess)
- Jam-Doughnut-Pull Apart Challah (Family Friends Food)
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Challah (The Nosher)
- Pistachio Challah (Joy of Kosher)
- Honey Rose Challah
- Ima’s Challah
- Jamie Geller’s No Knead Challah Bread (Joy of Kosher)
- Sheridan’s Whole Wheat Challah
- Jessica’s Five-Fold Challah
- Challah (Fine Cooking)
- Best Challah Ever (Cooking with Tantrums)
- Tutorial for Braiding Round Challot (Couldn’t be Pareve)
- How to Make Challah (The Nosher)
With our fridge taken over by our family command center, the kids’ art needed to go someplace. With a minimal number of tools, this is what we created on our wall.
What Do You Need
- Prepare the wood by trimming it to the appropriate length. Be sure to sand the edges and then wipe them down prior to the next step. The smoother edges will minimize splintering.
- In the color of your choice, paint the boards. If you are painting over another paint job, sand it first and apply primer. You can also use a wood stain.
- Using the hot glue gun, place your metal clips on the wood. Don’t be shy with the amount of glue that you use. It’s transparent and will make sure that the artwork stays in place.
- With another color of paint, use the stencil to paint in the letter or design of your choice. Or you can use a decal.
- Place the double-sided tape on the back side of the board and place it on the wall. Using a level with help make sure that it isn’t crooked.
- Hang up your kids’ artwork and make sure to take it down so the display doesn’t get crowded.
Thanks to Hip2Save for the idea.
While many are already starting to go back to school, I still have a couple more weeks. There are new changes coming to subscribe and save for diapers, so in order to continue to get the 20% off on the diapers we need to order, it’s important for us to have 5 subscriptions. Here are a few ideas for items that we have ordered to help with lunches or filling our subscribe and save.
There’s a 15% off Coupon
There’s a 10% coupon
This is a great lunch box
I thought this was an interesting program for those who breast feed and might be interested in looking to upgrade the pump that they received through insurance. Plus the pumps get donated
WHAT IS THE CHANCE TO CHOOSE PROGRAM?
An innovative breast pump “trade-up” program which allows moms to trade-in their current or insurance-provided pump in exchange for a brand new pump of their choosing at a heavily reduced price. The traded-in pumps will be donated and distributed to moms across the globe via our charitable partners.
WHY DID BREAST PUMPS DIRECT CREATE THIS PROGRAM?
Moms are constantly faced with making decisions – especially early on when it comes to their baby’s nutrition and well-being. But what if you didn’t have a choice? What if you didn’t have access to clean water to mix formula or a
breast pump to leave milk for your growing baby while you work to provide for your family?
We want every mom to have the chance to choose better for themselves and their baby. We want every mom around the world to have access to a breast pump in order to establish and maintain a healthy breastfeeding relationship. That is the foundation of the Chance to Choose trade-up program.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO TRADE UP?
Any mom who is unhappy with her current pump provided through her insurance. Did you know that several moms that receive an insurance-provided pump often purchase a premium pump at full price, leaving their insurance-provided pump collecting dust or thrown in the trash? Often times, insurance-provided pumps are very basic and do not fulfill moms’ every need. That’s where we come in – mom gets the premium pump she wants at a great price AND the donated pump is distributed to a mom who
would otherwise not have access to one.
WILL I HAVE TO SEND IN MY PUMP FIRST?
No. We will ship and send out your new pump along with a pre-paid shipping label. Once you receive your new premium pump, you can ship us your donated pump.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE OR TRADE UP MY PUMP?
You can learn more or trade-up your pump at www.breastpumpsdirect.com
I really love these chocolate chips. They are delicious and they are gluten free and nut free so they are a safe purchase to have around the house. I miss the days of Trader Joe’s chocolate chips, but these are one of the two brands I go to. I also really like the mini-chocolate chips for baking. There is a 15% discount coupon on these chocolate chips.